By Friday, I'd pretty much removed everything I could for now so I moved on to washing the ceiling and outer cabinets. Most of the trailer cleaned up well. The bathroom is an exception as it has the rough Zolatone like finish, covered with decades of cigar smoke residue. Fred and MaryEllen came over for pizza at night, but MaryEllen first took a scrub brush and heavy duty cleaner to the shower. Check out the lighter color of the shower- that "brown" tinge to the paint is nicotine!! Gross.
My readers write
2 weeks ago
Mom, wow! You are brave, braving all that dirt & ick! So sorry I missed the cleaning party...um, yeah. MEK is one good friend!!
ReplyDeleteMaking the assumption that we are finished cleaning, are you? I have no idea how many times I will have to scrub the bathroom walls and ceilings to get all the nicotine of!! More than 3, apparently.
ReplyDelete