First of all, I have to agree with Keri: Jack does have mad skills. Second, we fortunately have some friends willing to help with the things we don't have a clue about. Like jalousie windows, for example.... This trailer has jalousie windows, an early 1900s louvered window invention popular with trailer manufacturers in the 1950s and 60s. These windows are most commonly found in the south, and really are not suited for Michigan winters. This is especially true of our trailer, because a number of the louvers are broken or missing. I'm used to getting new glass panes cut down at the local hardware store, but they are usually fairly rough and irregular and wouldn't work well in this application. Happily, we know a commercial glass specialist, who was kind enough to stop by and give us some advice. Who knew that there are tons of patterns of obscure glass for doors and bathroom windows? We were able to get perfectly sized, straight, clear and obscure jalousie panes from him, all edges ground smooth, and hand delivered securely wrapped in foam. Thank you, JD! Now, if I can just figure out how to install it...
No comments:
Post a Comment