No progress on the Streamline this week. We spent Saturday taking the Airstream south to Caroline Dahnke of TinCanInteriors.com, in Vickery, Ohio. After 33 years, the old silver twinkie needs some new drapes. I briefly contemplated making the window coverings myself, but I found 1) the windows are curved 2) the window coverings must be attached both top and bottom due to the shape of the trailer 3) the Airstream drape tracks require special clips, made only by the patent holder and not easily available, 4) our trailer has 18 pinch pleated panels. I know enough about sewing to know when I'm over my head. After I met Caroline, who's extremely experienced and talented, I knew we made the right decision. We clearly won't be able to use the Streamline anytime soon, so we need to keep the Airstream in good shape for camping. I'm looking forward to seeing Caroline's work!
No comments:
Post a Comment